Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Cooking Pasta 2/7/07

I chose pasta as the grain I would cook. I actually have never really cooked pasta all by mself. I trust my mom way more because of her experience. I knew the process was very simple but i found it to be extremely scary. I cleaned out a pot and filled it with warm water from my sink. I put on a high flame and placed the pot abpve the flame. I have a fear of boiling water because my Mom worked in the Burn Center in New York hospital, i have seen cases of little kids pulling on the stove and the water falling all over thier face. I poured some salt in the pot and stirred and watched the pasta. I had no idea how long it took to cook so I just waited and used my big wood spoon to feel if the penne was soft. Pouring the hot water into the strainer was the scariest thing i have ever done. The pot weighed a ton and heat from the water was beaming against my face. I then applied tomato sause and ate my food. Being Italian, pasta is very common in my diet.

No comments: